As the first step in the decommissioning of sasCommunity.org the site has been converted to read-only mode.
Here are some tips for How to share your SAS knowledge with your professional network.
SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR – NEW YORK CITY (MIDTOWN), NY 6-MO C2H
SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR 6-MO C2H
COMPANY: Pinnacle Solutions, Inc.
POSITION: SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
JOB DURATION: 6-MO C2H
LOCATION: NEW YORK CITY (MIDTOWN), NY
POSTING EXPIRATION DATE: Until Filled
Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly experienced Senior Database Administrator as an addition to our elite Consulting Team for one of our Clients - a prominent Healthcare (Payer) organization - located in New York City (Midtown), NY for a 6-Month Contract-to-Hire, Full-time, all On-site.
NOTE! Candidate - please specify a desired HOURLY rate in application questions.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE! The Client intends for the Candidate to become their employee after the 6-month contract if Candidate and the Client are happy. Please do not apply unless you accept this model and are local, can commute comfortably or will relocate.
• Design, implement and maintain an enterprise data architecture strategy to ensure the success of the enterprise data management and governance program.
• Communicate the data architecture strategy effectively to all levels within the company, from senior level management to associates and 3rd parties with keen business acumen.
• Provide technical and data leadership to the data operations group and the organization.
• Work closely with other groups and IT to coordinate current and future plans and activities including coordination and technical assistance to facilitate development projects that involve the computing environment, the coordination of software upgrades, periodic OS and software patching and the installation of new products.
• Participate in all development projects to ensure the data architecture guidelines are applied.
• Direct research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and procurement efforts.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in‐person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent Data activities.
• Define and execute the enterprise data governance roadmap.
• Understand, monitor and implement solutions to protect the privacy, integrity, and availability of all data collected and stored within the data management platforms.
• Maintain database performance and availability by identifying and resolving production and application development issues.
• Develop best practices and guidelines for existing or new technologies within the responsible area(s).
• Maintain peak efficiency of all data-related activities.
• Ensure successful completion of periodic data loads from source systems in and out of the organization into the data warehouse and data management platform.
• Assignment of proper permission levels for all users of the various databases to configure governance.
• Completion of the company required training by the established deadline.
• Complies with all Funds’ standards, applicable health & safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
• 3+ years’ experience in information architecture, database administration, data architecture, data modeling, data warehousing, data governance, and ETL techniques.
• 3+ years’ experience in MS SQL Server database administration.
• Gatekeeper for all Data Governance activities with Support and Development teams in the areas of Change Control, Model Repositories, and Data Profiling/Data Quality activities.
• Liaison with Business Units, IT and 3rd parties by serving as the point of contact for Business Unit regarding new requests related to data operations.
• Expertise in OLAP data architecture and modeling, relational database technology, transaction processing, data warehouse design, and tabular model design.
• Expertise with MS SQL 2008/2012/2016 SSMS/SSIS/SSRS/T‐SQL.
• Expertise with SSIS Data Profiling and Data Quality Services (DQS).
• Expertise with a modeling tool such as ER-Studio or Erwin.
• Experience with established and emerging data technologies and concepts.
• Experience in leading data integration and change management.
• Experience with PowerShell (DBA Tools) is a plus.
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Highly self‐motivated, self‐directed, and attentive to detail.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high‐pressure environment.
• Healthcare (Payer) experience is a plus.
LOCATION(S): New York City (Midtown), NY
WORK TYPE: 6-Month Contract-to-Hire
WORK MODEL: Full-time, M-F, 40 hours per week, all On-site
Pinnacle Solutions is a trusted SAS Alliance & Resell Partner, Amazon Web Services Partner, and creator of The Backpack Solution, an all-in-one, unprecedented, and must-have specialized toolkit solving all our client’s data demands. To attract the most sought-after, elite technology professionals, we specialize in flexible career models with above-market compensation. Our specialists serve as a member of our internal development team, or they may provide on-site consulting expertise for our key Client positions. Join our talented and elite Consulting Team now by applying to this job posting or contact us via email at email@example.com and learn more about us at www.thepinnaclesolutions.com.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Name: Tess Cunningham, Talent Acquisition & Client Relations Manager
Phone: (317) 423-9143 x815 (EDT)
Web site: www.thepinnaclesolutions.com/careers